To our guests whose reservations were affected by COVID-19: if you had to postpone your travel plans, you will receive a full credit when you rebook your stay. We will also give you a gift certificate to a local business of your choice. Get in touch with us for more details!
Reporting our whole team at Casa Vecino alive and well and hoping you and your familia are safe and healthy as you read this. It is fair to say that these are crazy times and we know that you are likely overloaded with information about COVID-19 but we wanted to send you a very brief update on the status in Sayulita and also take this opportunity to let you know about our plan to help support local businesses right now (when they need it the most) while making your vacation more awesome when you visit.
First off we want to send our sincere love and appreciation to all of our customers who have stayed with us over the first 3 years of our business and especially all of you who have made it more than once. Thanks to your support we have managed to save some money and (thanks in part to our other jobs) we feel 100% confident that we can weather this storm and be ready and better than ever when we can start hosting again. Please also know that while our amazing staff (Liz and Fidel) have been given time off during this quarantine situation we are and will continue to pay them.
The current situation in Sayulita
Most businesses are closed and most citizens are in self-quarantine. Many tourists have cut their vacations due to concerns about tightening travel restrictions and their ability to get home.
How can you help?
Unfortunately, not all businesses in Sayulita have the benefit of savings and second jobs to tide them through this unexpected shutdown. Our new promotion is designed to help these super hard-working small businesses now (when they need it the most) and then add value to your vacation when you come to visit. You pick a business, we will go buy you a gift certificate and pay them now, and then you can pick up your coupon when you check-in at Casa Vecino and use it during your next vacation.
This promotion can work in two ways:
If you were one of the many guests who had to cancel their vacation this spring due to COVID-19 we share your disappointment but are really looking forward to hosting you again soon. We want you to know we are offering full credit when you rebook and as an added bonus we will also buy to a gift certificate to a local business of your choice to use while you are here (see details below). The cool thing is that this means that we will be able to spend about $20,000 pesos on gift certificates in the next couple weeks to help local businesses pay their bills and take care of their staff during this shutdown.
If you are booking a future vacation please be advised that Casa Vecino is currently not accepting any new reservations for 2020. We hope that we can get through this sooner and will update this policy but we are feeling confident that by 2021* we will be back to hosting smiling faces like yours. If you book a 2021 vacation now we will buy you a gift certificate to a local business of your choice for you to use while you are here. If you are a first time visitor and don’t yet have a favorite business yet check out our list below:
- Mexi Treks is a team of local guides that will take your group on an outdoor adventure. Some options include hiking through the jungle or kayaking to secluded beaches.
- Aaleyah’s. Our favorite local pub filled with friendly faces, awesome drinks specials, & simple but delicious food including their world famous chicken wings.
- Sayulita Public House. Sayulita’s best pub experience located in the center of Sayulita with a menu full of craft beer and cocktails and excellent pub and tapas style food plus a great view overlooking the plaza.
- El Itacate. Great Mexican food including the famous “Itacate burrito,” a burrito made using fried cheese (instead of a tortilla) wrapped around the filling!
- Revolución del Sueño. Sayulita’s iconic boutique filled with one of a kind Sayulita souvenirs and gifts.
- Tierra Viva Restaurant. One of our favorite restaurants in town. Open breakfast, lunch and dinner offering a great variety of options; late breakfast with great bennies, delicious sushi and traditional local dishes. Tierra Viva is sure to have something for everyone.
- Rosemary’s Boutique Clothing Store. Home to local designers and offering men & women’s clothing, accessories, & Sayulita souvenirs.
- Spencer Harris Photography. Offering family portrait photography while you’re here on vacation and/or prints of beautiful Mexican landscapes. Spencer’s photography will make your memories last and your home more beautiful
- Camacho’s Mini Market. Your go to store just around the corner from Casa Vecino!
Fundraiser for Sayulita Animals
If you have stayed with us at Casa Vecino, you probably have had a chance to meet some of our dogs and know that we spend a lot of our spare time helping rescue and foster dogs and cats in Sayulita most often working with the amazing people at Sayulita Animals. We recently got a chance to combine our love of our dogs and help Sayulita Animals with some fund raising and the results were super adorable. Two of our awesome Sayulita Amigos Carmen McKnight, who does floral design and is the owner operator of Flora Amor and Spencer Harris, who is a really amazing local photographer, teamed up to shoot local dogs and the proceeds of the shoot were donated to Sayulita Animals to pay for all of the amazing things that they do.
Casa Vecino Introduces Real Estate Vacation Experience in Partnership with MexHome!
Whether you are ready to buy or simply wanting to learn more about the market booking a Real Estate Vacation at Casa Vecino is the perfect way to increase your Sayulita Real Estate IQ and find the property that is perfect for your own unique tropical homeownership goals.
Vacations include premium accommodations at Casa Vecino Guesthouse in Sayulita and some great VIP perks like airport transfer, welcome cocktails and in house massage. Set your own schedule and sign up for seminars to opportunity to learn about the market, buying Mexican Real Estate 101 and owning a vacation rental business. Tour neighborhoods, see listings and meet local professionals like property managers, builders, architects.
Vacations are subject to availability and the cost of the stay will be refunded if you buy in the following calendar year. Feel free to sign up here!